Time to Change Champions are a movement of people across the country. They use their own experience of mental health problems to change the way we all think and act about mental health.
Champions are not experts on mental health. You don't need to have knowledge of different mental health conditions to be a Champion, or talk about anyone's experience except your own.
Champions aren't volunteers either. Every Champion does different things to help people around them to open up to mental health, for example:
- By being honest about their mental health problem in all the different groups they're part of in life
- By sharing their story on social media
- By speaking up when people say stereotypical or damaging things about mental health
- By running activities and events in their communities
- By linking up with other Champions to campaign together in groups
If this sounds like a lot, don't worry! There are lots of ideas on this portal, so you can find a way to be a Champion that is right for you.