Why write a blog for us?
Personal blogs and stories can be an incredibly powerful way to talk about mental health and reach hundreds and thousands of people.
By sharing your story, you can help challenge stigma and discrimination and show that mental health problems can affect anyone at any time and nobody should feel ashamed to talk about it.
What we look for in our blogs
- Personal experience of mental health problems
- Experience of supporting a friend or family member living with a mental health problem
- Your experience of talking about mental health and the impact it had on you
- Personal experience of facing or challenging mental health stigma and discrimination
- Your experience of being involved in a Time to Change project and what it's meant to you
What we are not able to publish
As an anti stigma and discrimination campaign, there are some blog topics we don't cover:
- Mental health systems and policy
- Drugs and treatments
- Promotion of books, films, music and poetry
Please note that we only publish blogs from people who live in England, as Time to Change is a campaign funded and run in England. For details of international anti-stigma campaigns, please consult our Global Alliance section.
Writing and sending your blog
- Read our 5 top tips for writing a blog
- Take a look at our guidance on blogging about self-harm, suicide and eating disorders
- Keep your writing to around 500 - 800 words
- Share your personal experience
- Email your blog to our digital team, including a name, photo and Twitter handle if you can
What happens next?
- Once you've sent your blog, we aim to get back to you within six weeks
- We are not always able to publish every blog we receive as we're a small team, but we do read them all carefully and will get back to you about alternatives
- We may edit your blog for clarity or to remove triggering content, but we will always share any edits with you before we publish
- We aim to give you at least 24 hours notice before we share your blog on our website or social media
- Once we've published your blog, you'll be able to select to receive an alert when someone posts a comment
- We moderate all the comments as they come in, but if you're ever worried about this, just get in touch.
Sharing a video or audio story
- As well as writing a blog for us, you can also share a short video or podcast about your experiences
- If you have a vlog or podcast you'd like to share, do email the link to our digital team.
Privacy and online safety resources
If you are interested in blogging for Time to Change but woried about online safety - there are some great resources available to help.
How else can I get involved in the campaign?
Or find out all the other ways you can get involved in the campaign.