“I established a ‘Student Well-being Association’ to raise awareness of mental health issues and reduce stigma surrounding them, and working to improve the emotional wellbeing of students. Throughout the year, we have utilised Time to Change resources and have encouraged students to read them at our events, and in turn become more educated.” -Sophie
Step by step guide:
- Contact a teacher and get permission to set up your group
- Do a shout out in an assembly/on the extranet to get other students to join!
- Have your first meeting and...
- Start planning your campaign with the template
- Once you've started campaigning, post to our Change makers wall to celebrate all the activities you’ve done.
you can do this:
Why is this important?:
Creating a young leaders group can create a lasting impact in your school, ensuring mental health is talked about openly and none of your classmates feels isolated and ashamed.