If you'd like to involve Time to Change Champions in an event that you're running, let us know by filling out the form below.
Time to Change Champions are people with lived experience of mental health problems who are passionate about ending mental health stigma and discrimination in their communities
Champions are able to:
- Start conversations about mental health
- Talk about their own lived experience to help break down stigma and discrimination
- Create an environment where disclosure of mental health problems becomes unremarkable and discriminatory words and behaviour become socially unacceptable
- Challenge prejudices about mental health among employees
- Help build relationships between the business and the local community, creating new relationships between groups with and without mental health problems
Champions are not able to:
- Provide detailed information about the Time to Change campaign
- Advise more widely on mental health or mental health treatment options or signpost employees
- Answer questions about employers' involvement in Time to Change or any organisational policies around mental health
- Provide any kind of service or support
Please note that we need six weeks' notice for any opportunity. We may be able to find you one or more Champions depending on availability and the event details. We will respond to you within three weeks to confirm whether Champions are able to support your event.
Please also note that Champions will not be able to bring materials - you can print out Time to Change materials for their use here.