Who can be an Employee Champion?
We are a movement of individuals. Anybody whose employer has signed the Time to Change pledge can become an Employee Champion in their workplace, whether or not they have experience of mental health problems.
A great Champion will be:
- Passionate about tackling the stereotypes, stigma and discrimination associated with people who experience mental health problems within the workplace.
- Able to give time and resources to lead on anti-stigma activity.
- Willing to engage colleagues contructively and positively when taking action to tackle mental health stigma.
- Keen to spread the word about Time to Change and what the campaign has to offer in your organisation.
- Able to empower colleagues to share their experiences of mental health problems in the workplace.
Our Things to Consider document will help you to assess whether being an Employee Champion would be right for you.
Employee Champion, Ian, shares why he's talking about mental health openly and breaking some of the taboos that exist in the workplace. Read more about his personal experience of mental health problems and how returning to work and becoming a Champion was part of the cure.
Start your journey
Add your voice to our collective call to end mental health stigma in the workplace.
Become an Employee Champion by contacting your Time to Change organisational lead, who will be able to advise you on how to go about starting your journey. You will be asked by your organisational lead for your name and email address which they will then send through to us. Following receipt of this information, we will send you a registration form and introduction email telling you how you can get started!
Any personal information you share with us will be used solely by Time to Change and our evaluation partners. All applications will be held securely by Time to Change. We encourage a diverse range of perspectives, and are committed to ensuring equality of opportunity in our work.
How many Employee Champions can your organisation have?
- The number of Employee Champions will vary from organisation to organisation. We are committed to supporting that Employee Champion network.
- After joining the Employee Champions network, you are more than welcome to get other colleagues involved in supporting you in your anti-stigma activity (the more who are rallied behind the cause, the better!).