On Tuesday 22 September 2020 we held our annual Hubs Networking Event. Due to social distancing measures this was held wholly online.
Coordinators, Champions and Partners from our 37 Time to Change Hubs were in attendance. As one of the objectives for the event was to bring Hubs together in order to share learning, we have included the workshop presentations, which we filmed before the event, as well as notes from each of the workshops and from the networking sessions.
Workshop: Maximising your Communications Resources
Delivered by Time to Change York and the Time to Change Communications team
- Keeping your communications on message
- Utilising your skills and resources effectively
- Knowing and reaching your audience
- Generating the right content at the right time
Case Study: Time to Change Birmingham’s work with Black Majority Churches to challenge mental health stigma and discrimination
Delivered by Time to Change Birmingham
- Discuss and reflect on the impact of mental health discrimination and stigma on African Caribbean faith groups, their families and their communities .
- Explore the opportunities, benefits and impact of working with Black Majority Churches to reduce mental health stigma and discrimination in their churches and in the community.
- Through this case study you will gain insight on how to reach other groups in your community to campaign against stigma and discrimination.
Note: The Birmingham film mentioned in the video will be released on World Mental Health Day (10 October 2020). We will then place a link to the video on this page.
Workshop: Hub Social Media Campaigning
Delivered by Time to Change Southampton and Portsmouth
- Why use Social Media? Why use advertising and not just organic posts?
- Statistics on advertising vs organic posts.
- How to use targeting in advertising.
- Content to advertise & Champion experience.
- Examples of advertising, why wording & graphics are important.
- Challenges of Social Media campaigning
Workshop: Attitudes for a New Generation
Delivered by Time to Change Children and Young People's team
Do you want help to engage young people in your area?
The Children and Young People's team have a range of free resources that you can share with schools, colleges and youth groups. Every year over 700 schools and colleges take part in our In Your Corner campaign in November, delivering our 'ready to run' sessions for students. We also have a limited number of free virtual workshops we can deliver for local stakeholders, teachers and youth professionals. Come to this workshop for ideas and inspiration to engage your local stakeholders in helping to ensure this generation are more open about mental health than any before.
Workshop: Funding, Sustainability & Partnerships
Delivered by Time to Change County Durham
- How to develop your partnership working
- How to use lived experience leadership in applying for funding
- How to effectively secure funding, the dos and don’ts
Workshop: Champion Journeys
Delivered by Time to Change Leicester
- How to empower and support Champions to become campaigners in their community
- How Champions have responded to the current climate
- How to facilitate Champions Groups
- Case study of Champion journeys
Workshop: Champions are the Future
Delivered by Time to Change Warrington
- Hear the experiences of two Champions from Time to Change Warrington.
- What can Hubs do to encourage Champions to get involved in local campaigning?
- What can Hubs do to help Champions create a Champion community?
- What can Hubs do to ensure Champions feel supported and empowered?