About this pledge
Our purpose is to nourish the world in a safe, responsible and sustainable way. Every day, we connect farmers with markets, customers with ingredients, and people and animals with the food they need to thrive. We combine our experience with new technologies and insights to serve as a trusted partner for food, agriculture, financial and industrial customers in more than 125 countries.
The purpose is for Cargill UK to establish, promote and maintain the physical and mental health and wellbeing of all employees through workplace practices, and encourage staff to take responsibility for their own health and wellbeing.
Our focus is to accelerate Cargill’s progress toward ensuring that the workforce is diverse, everyone feels included, has equal opportunity for advancement and is empowered to be their authentic self. We accomplish this by ensuring all employees feel safe, respected and valued.
Cargill UK believes that the health and wellbeing of our employees is key to organisational success and sustainability.
Goals The Organisation aims:
• To build and maintain a workplace environment and culture that supports health and wellbeing and prevents discrimination (including bullying and harassment).
• To increase employee and manager knowledge and awareness of health and wellbeing issues and behaviours.
• To reduce stigma around physical conditions or depression and anxiety in the workplace.
• Where possible, to facilitate employees active participation in a range of initiatives that support health and wellbeing.
• To guide and support managers who are responsible for supporting and managing health issues in the workplace.