About this pledge
To make this vision a reality, our mission is to help people achieve good physical and mental wellbeing and live life to the full.
We do this by providing mental health support services, ranging from helplines and 'talking therapies' to supported housing and safe havens, and all based on the principle of supporting every person, as an individual, towards their own goals and aspirations.
Our values are at the core of everything we do:
• We work for social inclusion.
• We believe in the possibility of recovery even within lifelong mental illness.
• We support health equality across the whole community.
• We are positively engaged in influencing policy decisions relating to mental health issues at national and local levels.
• We believe that individuals gain strength and influence by sharing experience and knowledge.
• We will challenge any stigma and promote positive attitudes to mental health.
• We support people’s right to choice, self-determination, adult responsibility and release from stigma.
• We are a thoughtful and caring employer and service provider, embracing change