Date of Pledge:
About this pledge
We will promote positive mental wellbeing and reduce the stigma of mental illness across Pearson UK Schools.
To achieve this, we will:
- Create a clear framework consisting of Advocates, Line Managers, HR and Mental Health First Aiders;
- Improve understanding amongst managers how they can support staff members who may be experiencing mental ill health;
- Raise awareness of the support that staff can access to maintain a positive wellbeing;
- Utilise technology to run interactive campaigns throughout the year to highlight mental illness, support mental wellbeing and promote national campaigns (e.g. National Mental Health Awareness Days);
- Give equal weighting to mental health and ensure it is evident in organisation values, behaviours, practices and policies.