Who are Time to Change Kingston?
We are a social movement aiming to change the way people think and act about mental health in the Royal Borough of Kingston. Time to Change Kingston, the second funded Hub in London, aims to engage people of all ages and backgrounds in creating a mental health friendly Kingston.
How does Time to Change Kingston work?
We are working with our partners and Time to Change Champions to create campaigns and organise events, to reduce mental health stigma and discrimination in the Kingston area.
The Kingston Hub is seeking local people who have lived experience of mental health problems to become Champions and be at the heart of what we do.
It is recognised that someone with lived experience of mental health telling their story is a great way to challenge mental health stigma and discrimination.
Our Steering Group and Champions’ Network meet regularly to set the direction of our work. Other sub-groups, such as a Communications Group and an Employers Pledge Group, also steer our work. To find out when the next meetings are please check here.
How can I get involved?
If you have lived experience of mental health issues in the past or present, are 18 years or older, and would like to help reduce mental health stigma and discrimination in Kingston, you can become a Time to Change Champion.
Becoming a Champion
- As a Champion you will receive training from Time to Change and ongoing support from the Kingston Champions’ Network and Hub Coordinator. We want to make sure that people who have lived experience of mental health problems feel confident to hold meaningful conversations with people who haven’t, to tackle the misconceptions and negative stereotypes around mental health.
- You can contribute as much or as little time as you wish or are able to. You could come along to our Champions’ Network meetings or one of the sub-groups that sparks your interest, volunteer your time to support events that have been planned by the Hub, or organise an activity or events of your own. Take a look at our upcoming events here.
- As a Time to Change Champion, you can apply for the Champions Fund, and receive up to £500 to run your own anti-stigma activity in Kingston. We will be happy to walk you through the process and help you with any concerns you may have. Click here to apply.
Signing the Employer Pledge
Organisations can get involved by signing the Employer Pledge, a commitment to improve the way your organisation thinks and acts about mental health in the workplace. This is a free process that gives your organisation the resources and support to implement strategies to reduce mental health stigma in the workplace. Get started by registering your interest and taking a look at Time to Change's guide to developing an action plan.
- Hub Coordinator: Persephone Pickering
- Email: Persephone@HealthwatchKingston.org.uk
- Phone: 0203 326 1255
- Twitter: @TTCKingston
- Facebook: @TTCKingston
Time to Change Kingston is supported by the following partners:
- Achieving for Children
- Balance CIC
- Camden and Islington Mental Health Trust
- Citizens Advice Kingston
- Fast Minds
- Fircroft Trust
- Hestia Housing & Support
- Homestart Richmond
- Kingston and Hounslow
- Kaleidoscope Kingston Recovery Hub
- Kingston & Richmond CCG
- Kingston Churches Action on Homelessness
- Kingston First
- Kingston Hospital
- Kingston Voluntary Action
- Mind in Kingston
- South West London and St George’s Mental Health NHS Trust
- Staywell Kingston
- YMCA London South West: YMCA Release and Your Healthcare