Who are Time to Change Northamptonshire?
We are a social movement aiming to change the way people think and act about mental health in Northamptonshire.
Time to Change Northamptonshire is supported by funding from Public Health Northamptonshire. The Hub consists of various organisations:
- The Hub Host: Northamptonshire County Council
- The Hub Coordinator: Mental Health Northants Collaboration (MHNC) – consisting of 12 third sector organisations who offer mental health support across Northamptonshire
The wider Hub partners are:
- University of Northampton
- Kettering Borough Council
- Northampton Borough Council
- Northamptonshire Healthcare Foundation Trust (NHFT)
- Northamptonshire Office of the Police and Crime Commissioner
How does Time to Change Northamptonshire work?
We are a campaign that aims to reduce mental health stigma and discrimination across Northamptonshire. We do this through actively campaigning and organising various anti-stigma events across the county. Our lived experienced Champions are at the heart of our campaign and strive to make a difference in our local community. Some of the focus areas are:
- BAME communities
- Using our links with the university to tackle stigma and discrimination in students
- Workplace discrimination
- Discrimination in service design
We will hold regular Champions meetings to share ideas on what activities we can run to start conversations about mental health to reduce stigma and discrimination. We also work closely with our wider Hub partners to implement the campaign on a wider level, encouraging employers across the county to sign the Employers Pledge.
How can I get involved?
- To become a Champion in your community, you can register online. You will receive regular updates about activity in the area, including invitations to Champions meetings.
- If you’re an employer you can sign the Time to Change Employer Pledge. The Employer Pledge is a commitment to changing the way we all think and act about mental health in the workplace.
- If you would like to find out more about other opportunities to get involved please get in touch using the details below.
The Time to Change Northamptonshire Hub coordinators can be contacted at:
Find out more about the work of Time to Change Northamptonshire: https://www.mhnc.uk/campaign