Young people often have a lot of questions about mental health - you might have some yourself. Use this section to download a wide variety of information sheets about a number of different mental health conditions, and download our infographics (including one about how stigma affects young people with mental health problems).
If you'd like to be kept up to date with what we’re up to and be the first to hear about opportunities in your area, please sign up to our Young People’s e-bulletin.
Mental health support
We are aware that talking about mental health with your young people can be daunting. You may feel that you do not know enough about the subject or that you are not equipped to help young people if they are looking for answers. The most important thing is that you do not need to be an expert! We have information sheets, tips for talking and a document outlining different organisations that may be able to help young people in need of support. For more information on how to help someone or about specific mental health diagnoses please see our partner organisations Rethink Mental Illness and Mind or look at the new e-learning site funded by the Department of Health – MindEd.
Below are some factsheets about mental health:
- Information sheets have been prepared by Rethink Mental Illness.
- MindEd - e-learning, advice and information around children and young people’s emotional health and well-being.
- Signposting - Helpful Organisations (.xl)
- Tips for Talking (incl. videos)
- Mental Health Information Sheet (1.8MB, pdf)
- Stress and Anxiety Information Sheet (pdf)
- Depression Information Sheet (pdf)
- Self Harm Information Sheet (pdf)
- Psychosis Information Sheet (pdf)
- Eating Disorders Information Sheet (pdf)
- Worried about Your Mental Health? (pdf)
- MyMind.org.uk - run by the NHS for anyone interested in the health and wellbeing of young people.
- 'Who Cares?' project, run by the Kidstime Foundation is an attempt to raise the resilience of children of parents with mental illness. It includes resources for schools and young people. contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Journey of Stigma Infographic
Our infographic shows how stigma can affect a young person with a mental health problem in every area of their life. Click our infographic to see a larger version:
Not found what you were looking for? Go back to our resources hub