Time to Change is committed to changing how people think and talk about mental health in the workplace.
Stigma is where an employee is perceived as being different because of their mental health problem.
If you are treated differently because of your mental health problem this may also be discrimination and might be against the law.
If you are or if you think you could be experiencing stigma and discrimination at work:
- Talk to someone you trust
- If your organisation has an Employee Assistance Programme, consider contacting them (this is an employee benefit programme that helps employees deal with personal and/or work related problems. Their services usually include assessment, short-term counselling and referral services).
- Find out if your organisation has a mental health policy or one on bullying and harassment
- Find out more about your rights
- Take a look at our Get Support Page