Has your organisation signed the Time to Change Employer Pledge?
If yes, then your organisation has already demonstrated that they intend to change the way people think and act about mental health at work, and have completed an action plan which Time to Change has approved. If you’re passionate about mental health, you can support your organisation in this effort by registering to be a Time to Change Champion.
Talking about mental health at work can be daunting: people may worry about how they will be treated and how their colleagues will react. As a Time to Change Champion, you can make a real difference to your workplace culture and to the lives of your colleagues, working with your organisation to make mental health a normal topic of conversation, dispelling myths and making it easier for people to seek support.
Our vision of a great Time to Change Champion is someone who makes a difference because they are:
- Passionate about helping people to understand that mental health belongs to everybody by getting everyone to talk about mental health.
- Able to give time and resources to undertake meaningful activities that help people to change the way they think and act about mental health.
- Willing to engage colleagues constructively and positively when taking action to tackle mental health stigma encouraging others to do so too.
- Keen to spread the word about Time to Change and what the campaign has to offer to organisations.
- Able to empower colleagues to share their experiences of mental health problems in the workplace and encourage them to become Champions too.
Are you that person who has the passion and drive to make this difference? Then read on to find out more.
If your organisation has not signed the Time to Change Employer Pledge yet, you can take the first step by encouraging your organisation to join our growing movement of employers.